Luštica is an absolutely beautiful peninsula that sits on the coast of Montenegro, in the southwest part of the country. If you’re looking for a peaceful getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city, this is the perfect destination for you. You’ll be surrounded by stunning natural beauty and crystal-clear waters.
Nature lovers will be in paradise here! The coastline is rugged and filled with secluded coves and beaches that are perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and snorkeling. The hills and forests of Luštica are ideal for hiking and cycling and provide breathtaking views of the Adriatic Sea.
What’s so great about going to Luštica?
Oh, there are so many wonderful reasons to visit Luštica! This stunning peninsula is located in Montenegro, and it’s definitely worth a visit. Let me share just a few reasons why you should consider going there:
- Stunning Beaches: If you love spending time by the water, you won’t be disappointed with Luštica’s beautiful beaches! They’re known for their crystal-clear waters, golden sand, and peaceful atmosphere. Some of the most popular beaches include Plavi Horizonti, Mirište, and Zanjice.
- Natural Beauty: If you’re a nature lover, you’ll be in heaven in Luštica. The untouched landscapes are perfect for exploring and getting in touch with nature. The peninsula is filled with olive groves, vineyards, and forests, making it an excellent destination for hiking and cycling.
- History and Culture: Luštica has a rich history and culture that dates back to ancient times. You can explore numerous historic sites and monuments, including the fortresses of Forte Mare and Arza, the Church of St. Michael, and the Blue Cave.
- Local Cuisine: Montenegrin cuisine is a unique blend of Mediterranean and Balkan influences, and it’s absolutely delicious! Visitors to Luštica can sample some of the region’s mouth-watering dishes, including fresh seafood, grilled meats, and local wines.
- Relaxation and Tranquility: One of the best things about Luštica is how peaceful and serene it is. Whether you’re looking to relax on the beach, enjoy a spa treatment, or take a yoga class, this peninsula has something for everyone. It’s the perfect place to escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life and unwind.
All in all, Luštica is a true hidden gem in Montenegro! It has everything you could want in a vacation spot — natural beauty, fascinating history and culture, and plenty of opportunities to unwind and relax. Trust me, you won’t regret making a trip to this incredible peninsula!
Getting to Luštica is easier than you might think!
There are a few ways to reach this incredible peninsula:
- Drive: If you’re up for an adventure, you can rent a car and drive to Luštica. If you’re coming from the north, take the Adriatic Highway and turn off at Kotor Bay. From there, just follow the signs to Luštica. If you’re coming from the south, take the Adriatic Highway and turn off at Budva. It’s that easy!
- Take a Taxi: Another option is to take a taxi from the airport or any major city in Montenegro. Be sure to negotiate the price with the driver before getting in.
- Boat or Yacht: For a truly unique experience, you can even take a boat tour from Kotor or Tivat to Luštica. These tours typically include stops at several beaches and other attractions along the way.
Once you arrive on the peninsula, you can explore the stunning landscapes of Luštica by car, bike, or on foot. There are so many beautiful routes and trails to discover, as well as beaches, traditional villages, and local restaurants serving up mouth-watering seafood and other delicious dishes. Get ready for an unforgettable adventure!
What are some must-see places in Luštica?
1. The village Rose
There’s a charming and quaint village nestled along the beautiful coast of the Adriatic Sea in Luštica. Although there’s only one main street, it offers a cozy and comfortable vibe. There’s one large hotel here, but you can also find small apartments available for rent. It’s the perfect destination if you’re seeking some peace and solitude. However, it’s a bit far from other areas, unless you’re willing to rent a boat to sail to nearby cities and restaurants across the bank. Fortunately, the luxury Marina Porto Novi isn’t too far away, and you can explore the entire city of Herceg Novi, where you’ll find an old town, plenty of cafes, beaches, and shops.
If you take a stroll along the coast near the hotel, you might just stumble upon an old, rusted ship. It’s a unique sight that adds to the charm of the area and makes for a great photo opportunity. Don’t forget to bring your camera!
2. Arza Fortress
Arza is a beautiful architectural gem located on the Luštica peninsula along the Montenegrin coast. It was built during the Austro-Hungarian era and stood for a century. When you pass through the breathtaking entrance of Boka Bay, you can see this stunning structure. Arza was a part of the 'Primorska Fortress of Boka', which was a military stronghold that included Mamula fort on Luštica island and the Prevlaka Fort on Cape Ostro, making it the second most important military base of the Austro-Hungarian empire along the Adriatic coast. Unfortunately, the fortress is privately owned and not open to visitors at the moment.
3. Gospa od Mirista
The Monastery complex on the island of Žanjice (Mirište) is a fascinating blend of sacred, residential, and defensive architecture. The complex is located near Fort Arza on the eastern side of the entrance to the Bay of Kotor. The church of St. Presentation, built in two phases during the 15th century, is the main attraction of the complex. The church was initially covered with stone slabs and the interior and western facade were adorned with frescoes, some of which are still visible today. With one round corner tower, the defensive walls add to the uniqueness of the monastery complex. The restoration of this complex highlights the beautiful and simple combination of the sea, stone, walls, and the little church.
Throughout history, both the island and the church have been referred to by different names. Some of these include Small Žanjice, Školj, and Little Lady. A will from 1508 found in the Kotor archives was left by a man named Milo Rodi who donated a sum of money to the church of St. Mary “de Sagnic, ” which is believed to refer to the church on the island of Žanjice.
The Gasp of Mirište is an interesting natural phenomenon that happens in the waters around the Lustica Peninsula. It’s an underwater hot spring that creates sudden bursts of bubbles, warm water, and gas. This happens due to the unique geological makeup of the area and the underwater vents. The locals believe that the Gasp has healing properties, and some even use it for cooking. However, visitors should exercise caution when approaching the Gasp as the sudden and strong bubbles can be dangerous.
4. Zanjice beach
Zanjice beach is a beautiful and tranquil spot nestled in the Lustica peninsula of Montenegro. This hidden gem is perfect for those seeking a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of daily life. The crystal-clear waters of the Adriatic Sea and the verdant green hills surrounding the beach provide a stunning backdrop to the serene atmosphere.
Visitors can enjoy a variety of activities, including swimming, sunbathing, snorkeling, and diving. The beach is particularly ideal for families with children due to its calm and shallow waters. The adjacent fishing village is also worth exploring, offering visitors a glimpse into the traditional lifestyle of the locals.
Several small restaurants and cafes near the beach provide a chance to taste the delicious local cuisine and enjoy refreshing drinks while soaking up the gorgeous views. Those seeking a more active day out can go kayaking, paddle-boarding, or take a boat tour around the peninsula.
Overall, Zanjice Beach is a hidden treasure that promises an unforgettable experience to its visitors. With its stunning natural beauty, tranquil ambiance, and myriad of activities, it is the perfect place to unwind and enjoy the best of Montenegro.
5. RT Veslo
A camping site with beautiful cliffs and insanely blue water right on the sea shore. You can jump into the sea from the cliffs or go fishing.
6.The Blue Cave
The Blue Cave — boat excursions depart from Zanjice beach. It’s only accessible by water.
We make photo & video shooting in Montenegro
MARIIA SOSNINA & VASILII KHMELEV
Book your date: Whatsapp|Telegram: +382 67 438 562 📧 firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Lustica Bay
A newly built luxury village and marina in Montenegro. You can take a stroll along the promenade, have a glass of wine in a restaurant or bar on the lighthouse. Themed evenings, exhibitions, fashion shows, barbecues, and other events are often held here so that guests don’t get bored.
🏖Almara beach club in Lustica Bay
🏖Movida Beach club
🏖Nikki beach club
🥨Where to eat?
🔹Miriste on the same named beach
🔹Porto Adriatic on beach Zannice
🔹Ribarsko selo — expensive restaurant and small beach club on the cliff
🔹Restaurants in Lustica bay
🔹Nikki beach restaurant
Welcome to my Instagram
Interesting places in Montenegro and nearby.